Video: JFM go to Parliament

15 November 2010

This series of Youtube postings show the meeting held last week at the Scottish parliament's petitions committee. Five core members (and later a signatory) of the Justice for Megrahi campaign - Dr. Jim Swire, Pr. Robert Black, Robert Forrester, Iain MacKie, Father Patrick Keegans - presented their case for e-petition 417, "Calling on the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Government to open an independent inquiry into the 2001 Kamp van Zeist conviction of Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi for the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 in December 1988." It had closed 1,646 signatures, after being down for nearly half its allotted time.

These have fixed the formatting of the original on the Scottish Parliament site, in four parts of 15, 15, 15, and 4 min. The end conclusion was an agreement by the petitions committee to ask the Scottish government to re-investigate the conviction of al Megrahi.

See also the full text transcript






1 comment:

ebol said...

MISSION LOCKERBIE:

As a result of the ongoing inquiries, Inspector Harry Bell showed to Mr. Gauci in August of 1990 a further set of photographs. Production 468, a statement taken by Harry Bell from Mr. Gauci on the 31st of August 1990.

Bell showed him 12 photo spreads, including persons who were of interest to the inquiry but Gauci could not see the photograph of the man who had purchased the clothing. He informed Mr.Bell that the man's photograph was not present. MEBO: That does not correspond to the truth, Megrahi's photo participated likewise on Prod. no. 468 !

Mebo: After Gauci received an unknown money present, he was invited 1991 again to a meeting into the headquarters of Maltese police.

In February 1991 Harry Bell visited Malta again and showed a spread of photographs to Mr. Gauci. Later in the same meeting:
Gauci's police statement, no. 470:
"On Friday, 15th of February 1991, I attended at police headquarters, Floriana, in Malta. Inspector Scicluna had asked me to come into the police office, and I agreed to come at 1.00 p.m.
I arrived at the police office about 1.10 p.m., and I met Mr. Scicluna and Mr. Bell. I was then introduced to two other men (DC Crawford and SA Reid). I was told by Mr. Bell that he wanted me to look at a few photographs in an attempt to see if I could identify the man who bought the clothing from my shop".

Tony Gauci: "One of the men (DC Crawford) then handed a card to Mr. Bell. He took brown paper from this card (Production No. DC 839), and the card was placed on the table that I was seated at.
I saw that the card was full of photographs of men."
(Edwin Bollier knows this maps and photo books, these were without photo of the libyan CIA defector, *Abdul Magjid Giaka and *Hassan
Badri (ABH) *Both persons were on 23rd November 1988 in Malta).

Toni Gauci: "I looked at every photograph on the card, and I counted a total of 12 photographs on the card. The first impression I had was that all the photographs were of men younger than the man who had bought the clothing. I told Mr. Bell this. I was asked to look at all the photographs carefully and to try and allow for any age difference.

I then pointed out one of the photographs, and I later counted the photographs from the top left as number 1 (one), to this photograph at number 8 (eight). I would say that the photograph at number 8 (eight) is similar to the man who bought the clothing. (MEBO: photo number 8= Q14, Abdelbaset al Megrahi).
I was asked to sign my name across the top left side of the photograph to indicate that this was a photograph I had identified to the police. I signed the photograph. I also signed the label for the card containing the photographs (Production Label Number DC 839)".

by Edwin Bollier, MEBO Ltd., Switzerland, URL: www.lockerbie.ch

osfan